Located on Caub Island in Del Carmen is the Sugba Lagoon. Enclosed by limestone hills that are wrapped in a layer of rich vegetation, the Sugba Lagoon is an expanse of enthralling blue waters. The mystical lagoon is reachable via pump boat after about 30 minutes of passing through the country’s second-largest mangrove system.
July 21, 2017 — As soon as we docked, we were led to a two-floor log cabin which allowed us to view the lagoon while taking a rest. The area offers various activities such as paddleboarding, snorkeling, diving, kayaking, and swimming. Most people navigated through the waters by Stand-Up Paddleboarding. On a good day, when the seawater does not get to the lagoon, the water in the lagoon holds freshwater due to its natural spring.
I’ve grown to adore the lagoon’s idyllic features. Every element was screaming wonders in silence. Above me were the open skies, around me were the lush mountainous islands, and under me were the still waters. It was so evident how I was surrounded by the fullness of nature. The moment evoked a sense of both calmness and joy.
Aside from paddle boarding, tourists also seem to enjoy jumping from the diving board.
I watched the paddle boarders from the viewing deck. The viewing deck is a two-storey cabin where people can leave their things, get a table and eat, or simply drink some cans of beer after a tiring activity at the lagoon.
Guide to Sugba Lagoon
- Paddleboarding costs ₱200 per person per hour. You can use the board for the whole day for ₱500.
- Table charge is ₱50. The lifevest can be rented for ₱50.
- You can also rent rafts at the lagoon.
- It is about an hour van ride from General Luna to Del Carmen then about 30 minutes by boat to the lagoon.
- Go snorkeling! Spot the harmless but the big transparent jellyfish around the lagoon.
- There are several resorts that organize day tours to Sugba Lagoon.
- If you choose to do the trip DIY, bring your own gears and boards.
This trip was part of a media familiarization tour sponsored by Municipality of Del Carmen Tourism and Skyjet Airlines. Itinerary and expense are not published.
- Why You Should Visit Magpupungko Rock Pools
- Places to see around Siargao Island
- Caving in Siargao: Tayangban Cave Pool
- Bucas Grande Island: Why Stay At Club Tara
- Cloud 9 is the best place to chill in Siargao
sugba lagoon siargao blog
sugba lagoon itinerary
sugba lagoon blog
sugba lagoon siargao map